How to Get Backlinks Using Images
If a picture is worth a thousand words in real life then an image can be worth thousands of links on the web. In online marketing, a single image can work wonders for you to create credible backlinks and increase traffic to your website.
Importance of building backlinks to images
Link building is the essence of a successful SEO campaign. Despite some experts believing otherwise, the conventional online promotion program never fails to get successful results. Effective link building is the key to excellent SEO.
Check out the top 5 benefits that image backlinks can add to your SEO campaign:
- Improved Page/Domain Authority – Higher page and domain authority rankings are essential for best ranking in Google search results. The number of backlinks to your website is a major factor in calculating page and domain authority.
- Better Brand Visibility – Every new backlink you create through a single image of yours on another website is an opportunity to connect with the previously unreachable reader audience of the website. This results in maximizing brand visibility at a wider audience base.
- Influential Content Creation – The unique and attractive images of yours can also help you become a leading source of new and innovative ideas and concepts in your particular industry. This appoints you as an authority in your industry and gives a significant advantage over others when it comes to ranking high in SERP.
- Effortless Web Traffic – Image backlinks are incredibly useful when it comes to driving traffic to your website. Apart from improved SERP ranking, image backlinks can become sources of eternal traffic flow to your website, as long as your image is featured on the other website.
- Comprehensive Connectivity – Building backlinks through your images featured on other websites gives you an excellent opportunity to expand your professional network. This is an efficient way to get wider recognition in your own industry and get introduced in new and varied industries as well.
Steps to get backlinks using images
So how can you profit from an image?
STEP 1 – Identify useful images
You need to simply set the alt tag of the image as the anchor link text.
First, you need to identify the images that can help to create maximum backlinks. Don’t think that now you will have to pay for new images to create backlinks with. There are probably numerous images already on your website that can be used to create excellent backlinks to your own website.
Search your website for:
- Logos – Old and new logos are both sufficient to create backlinks. Simply notify those using the older logos that a better and updated version is now available.
- Mascots – Your brand could have a cartoon or animated brand mascot (such as Google’s Android)
- Product pictures
- Employee Images
Once you have identified all the useful images already out there on the internet, you will need to take the next step.
STEP 2 – Identify image users
Once you have the list of all your potentially profitable images, you will need to first identify the admin who has featured your image on their website.
This is not a difficult task at all, and you can do a back-search on your image on Google Image Search and instantly get the list of websites that have your images as part of their content.
STEP 3 – Contact image users
Once you have successfully listed the admin email addresses for the websites using your images, you will need to contact them. Simply draft a short email thanking them for using your image and requesting them to backlink the said image to your webpage.